Just What You’ve Been Naxx’in For!
In our last announcement, we told you that the Abomination Wing would be ready for testing in early/mid July. Development has been going very well, and we are excited to announce that on Sunday July 16th, between 17:00 and 19:00 (server time), the Abomination Wing of Naxxramas will be open for testing on the Kronos Public Test Realm (PTR). Testing will be open for one week. At this time, we are still on track for the full release of Naxxramas by the end of Q3.
The purpose of the PTR is to gather as much feedback from the community as possible, so that we can ensure the best experience when the full Naxxramas raid is launched. There are two ways that you can help us achieve this goal.
- Providing detailed, high quality issue reports through the Issue Tracker. You can find instructions on making these reports, here.
- Recording videos of your raid experiences on the PTR and sharing them with us. Enabling voice communications during your recordings is especially helpful.
Similar to the Spider Wing Testing, we will have special mechanics in place for the PTR.
- The aggro range will be reduced to 10 yards
- Players and their pets will deal 50% more damage, including every spell and attack
- Creatures in Naxxramas will deal only 50% of their intended melee damage
- Other similar changes such as increased player healing may be present
- No other wings will be available for testing
In preparation for testing on Sunday July 16th, characters will be copied from the live Kronos realm to the PTR some time between Wednesday July 12th, and Thursday July 13th. Some commands that you may find useful on the PTR include:
- .additem (to place an item in your inventory)
- .mod money (to get gold for spells/repairs)
- .command (to see a list of other available tools)
Thank you in advance for your testing efforts and your issue reports!
In addition to the Naxxramas development that has been going on, we have been hard at work resolving the backlog of issues on our issue tracker. Many of these changes address small details that bring Kronos closer to the original vanilla experience. Below you can find a summary of changes that have been made recently. A full list of changes can be found in our changelog. We would also like to announce that based on community feedback, we will not be making changes to Felwood flowers at this time.
NOTE: You will need to delete your WDB folder in order for all changes to take effect.
- Players will no longer be ported to Hillsbrad Foothills when dying in the Winterspring Cave. #3134
- Mac players will no longer have issues taking the zeppelin or boats. #3576
- Players can no longer gain rested status in enemy cities. This prevents players from being able to log off immediately, after exiting combat. #7235
- Artisan Miner now requires level 35. #10444
- Interrupting Gnomish Death Ray is now prevented when caster is immune. #10551
- Dropchance of Salty Scorpid Venom increased to 20%, up from 10%. #8129
- Fixed shared cooldowns for Horde Battle Standard. #9857
- Scarab Bag now has a chance to drop more than one bag from Scarab Coffer and Large Scarab Coffer. #10550
- Cyphen no longer walks around azeroth feeding Freshly Baked Bread to Animals. Only humanoids will drop them from now on. #10650
- Cloudkeeper Legplates no longer has a shared cooldown with trinkets. #10671
- Cinder Bracers now has three charges, up from one. #10746
- Pattern: Swift Flight Bracers now has a chance to drop from Knot Thimblejack and Knot Thimblejack’s Cache. #10793
- Updated AI, spawn points, spells, pathing, speech, stats, and more, on over 100 NPCs.
- Updated prerequisites, quest levels, quest text, and other details, on over 40 Quests.
- High Priestess Laurena will now cast the correct spell on the player upon completing Arcane Feedback. #7832
- Vorrel’s Revenge is now only available to the Horde. #10555
- The Lord of Blackrock will now assume your gender. #4130
- Removed Cooking requirement for quest Beer Basted Boar Ribs. #10131
- BWL – Grethok the Controller will now yell when engaged, the sound file has also been added. #7090
- BWL – Death Talon Wyrmguard and Razorgore the Untamed‘s War Stomp ability now ignores armor, but the damage has been greatly reduced. #10778
- AQ40 – The Prophet Skeram will now properly yell when engaged. #9223
- AQ20 – Multiple loot improvements have been made to the trash npcs.
- Earth Shock will now apply the proper threat. #10166
- Rockbiter Weapon will now apply the proper threat. #10167
- Corrected Attack Power co-efficient for several spells (specifically in regards to Argent Dawn trinkets). #10533
- Arcane Instability will now properly effect your spell damage and critical strike chance. #10648
For a full list of changes, please see the changelog.